Sunday, October 11, 2020

Something By Sonjia x Monroe Steele Capsule Collection for Fall/Winter 2020

 

 Monroe Steele wearing the Harlem Midi Dress from her capsule collection with Something By Sonjia

Hi Fashionistas! Hope you are having a fashionating weekend 😀. I know I haven't posted anything in a million years. I just looked at my last post and it was over 3 years ago, yikes! Just a quick update. I am now a mother of (an almost) toddler. So, if you know, you know. The struggle is REAL. Pray for me. Anyway, why I had to get on here and make this post today (will be midnight by the time I'm done). I am a huge fan of - fashionista, content creator & YouTuberMonroe Steele. I love her eye for fashion, her extensive shoe collection and her down-to-earth personality that is featured on her YouTube channel every Wednesday & Sunday. I received an email alert for her newsletter this week (sign-up for her newsletter if you haven't already, you won't be disappointed) mentioning a clothing line. I wasn't able to read it thoroughly since I'm in the midst of a no sleep war with my child who refuses to go to bed at a decent hour. Yes, the struggle is real. Then, I saw on her Instagram page a few pictures and immediately fell in love with the 'Harlem' dress. If you don't know, Monore currently resides in New York, more specifically Harlem. Although she's originally from North Carolina, she's a true New Yorker. She has that swag. Back to THE DRESS. I saw the 'Harlem' dress and was smitten. Only issue, Monroe is snatched and I AM NOT (PERIOD). So, in my hesitation to pre-order the dress, I missed out because it has sold out already. Yes, you read that correctly. SOLD OUT. I'm happy and I'm crushed at the same time. Happy for Monroe who's a friend in my head and crushed because I definitely missed out on what will become an iconic piece like the wrap dress from DVF. I can  guarantee that this dress will be able to stand the test of time and not be dated. If you were lucky enough to order this dress, kudos to you. The other pieces are just as noteworthy from the paperbag pant to the reversible skirt. 






Sonjia wearing the Amelia turtleneck affectionately named after one of Monroe's plants.


The turtle neck is already sold out as well. I think they will be making a Harlem II dress, just not the same fabric and color. In the midst of social distancing,  which I hope we are all practicing - staying at home loungewear has really changed, for the better. As you can see from the loungewear from the collection, you can be chic while at home. I can see taking a zoom meeting in this lounge set. What do you guys think?



 I really appreciate that the pieces are size inclusive with some being available up to 3XL. I should mention, there are two different reversible face masks also available on the website, one with camo, the other a solid sage green color. If you missed out on the 'Harlem' dress like I did and you want to make a plea to Monroe and Sonjia, they will be Live tomorrow on Instagram.
If you want to join in the on the live chat this Monday, October 12th on Instagram it will be at 6Pm EST. You can check Monroe's IG for more details @MonroeSteele.

Shop the collection ---> Something By Sonjia x Monroe Steele



Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment