Monday, November 10, 2014

Angry Elephant 1969: Fashion With A Cause



Hello Fashionistas! 
Hope everyone had a fashionating weekend. I certainly did, thanks to Angry Elephant 1969! What's an Angry Elephant? It's a Loxodonta elephant that is currently being poached for its ivory in Africa as you read this blog post. The founders of Angry Elephant created an apparel line to bring awareness of the poaching crisis (up to 25,000 elephants are killed each year for ivory) affecting the African Loxodonta elephant and the destruction of its natural habitat. The company's products include T-shirts, hoodies, headgear, and wrist bands which promote the message of the Angry Elephant Clothing line. After I was approached by one of the founders, I was fascinated by the information I read on their website and after doing my own research. Yes, clothes/fashion is always a  huge interest for me, but I was more interested in the cause. Now, to put the two together, feels really good. Please take the opportunity to visit the website and read about Angry Elephant's inception and what their mission and objectives are. Oh, did I mention, the t-shirts and sweatshirt I received were all made in the USA!








T-shirt: Thanks to Angry Elephant Clothing! 
Sweatshirt: Thanks to Angry Elephant Clothing!



I've teamed up with one of the founders of Angry Elephant Clothing to host a t-shirt styling competition (coming soon) featuring five (5) participants: Several fashion bloggers, models (one male) and a personal stylist featured on WJXT "Fashion 4ward" TV fashion segments. This will be a friendly competition to show the individual styles of each participant; they are allowed to create any look they like, whether it's an edgy look, corporate/business, casual, etc. Check back for more details on the competition, the participants and the prize package.


I have to thank my husband for helping me out with this one. He's not one for being in front of the camera so this really meant a lot when he said he would wear the sweatshirt and allow me to feature him on the blog. He's down with the cause! :-)


In addition to being sold online, Angry Elephant Clothing is now available in store at Tom Dick & Harry's - Manhattan, NY.

Website: Angry Elephant 1969
Facebook: Angry Elephant 1969 
Twitter: AngryEl1969
Instagram: Theloxodonta

Thanks for reading and commenting!




10 comments:

  1. great cause, hope it will reach as many people as possible!
    xoxo
    anjage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool partner look. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazning pics .. Such an awesome look
    Would u like to follow each other?
    follow me via gfc and i will follow u back for sure (gfc)

    xoxo
    www.Arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sera! They are, you should check them out.

      Delete