Monday, August 7, 2017

Fall/Autumn Must-Haves (or Not) 2017

Fall Must-Haves (or Not) 2017

Fall Must-Haves (or Not) 2017 by ubetterwork featuring a leisure suit



Hi Fashionistas!
This is the second part of my Fall/Autumn must-haves for 2017, except, these are the trends  I didn't care for. We'll just get right into it.

1. Victorian collar - I'm not completely against this trend, I just don't think it looks very youthful. But, I could change my mind depends on what I find in the shops.
2. 70s Plaid - I'll certainly not be changing my mind about this one. 
3. Nylon coats - I think my biggest problem with nylon, is that it was not meant for clothing, in my opinion. It doesn't matter how much you dress it up, i.e. fur or faux fur collar, it still looks cheap. And, I  can't stand that noise that it makes when it's in movement. Almost like plastic bags being crumbled. Probably not a very good description, but I think you get my drift.
4. Broad shoulders - This trend should stay in the 80s. This is not very flattering at all. The issue I have with broad shouldered items is this, if you don't have a really narrow waist, or an hour-glass figure, you look like a box. 
5. Formal Velvet - love the color of this skirt (chocolate brown) and the length is fine. However, I can't stand velvet. Not for clothing. Feels nice, but it's a heavy fabric to wear and it's one of those fabrics that ages you. I feel the same way about corduroys so I'm not just hating on velvet.
6. Leisure suits - For the house fine, but not for getting dressed up. Yes, a lot of celebs are wearing leisure suits around town to give off the "I'm so unbothered look", well, it does look like you didn't bother to put yourself together that day.
7. Couch florals - I know what you're thinking, is this really a trend for the Fall. Yes, it is. 
8. Glitterati Boots - This is a definite "no" for me. Really cute on small children, but not if you're of a particular age. 

Let me know what your thoughts are about this upcoming Fall/Autumn must-haves. I did also have 2 more Fall trends that I didn't list here on the blog, but they will be on my Facebook page. 



Thank you for reading and commenting! 


Don't forget to be social:
 Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube (like, comment, share and subscribe 😊)



P.S. If you are viewing this post on your phone and the layout is out of whack, you can change to "view web version" at the bottom of the page.




13 comments:

  1. Love that leisure suit! Looks so amazing!!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! My fav would be the #7.Couch florals, and yes, I completely agree with you, it's a great dress for fall.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts
    read our post for latest mobile cover
    Stylish & Photo Printed Motorola Mobile Cover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Metal sipper bottle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Keychains with your name

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation dear and Great post thanks for sharing this
    beautiful post.
    Wedding invitation cards

    ReplyDelete

  7. Congratulation dear and Great post thanks for sharing this beautiful post.

    Diwali gifts online

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the best post about Autumn. I think, this is a great post. I got a lot of helpful content from your post. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete